SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR MAY, JUNE AND SEPTEMBER 2019!
Villa Sentinela will surprise you with its quiet location just few kilometers to one of the most famous Black sea towns - Balchik and 7 km away from the popular Albena resort. This elegant villa has a teriffic location just off the road linking both attractive destinations on the North coast. Villa Sentinela stands in the midst of the prime villa area "Ovcharovski plaj", surrounded by trees and a very well landscaped garden.
Unlike many other holiday properties, Villa Sentinela has been built, furnished and equipped as a second home of the owners - with commitment, care and love. Once you enter the house, you will definitely feel the coziness and the personal touch of the owners. Pastel colour of the interior, quality furnishing and modern equipment will make you feel in a home away from home.
The villa is spread out on 2 floors with a private pool with children section on the left side of the house. The ground floor comprises of a compact living area with an open-plan fully equipped kitchen, comfortable dining area with 6 seats and a lounge area with Satellite TV. The kitchen offers all modern facilities - refrigerator combined with a fridge, oven, 4 ceramic electric hobs, extractor, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, el kettle, all utensils. A shower-room is also available on the ground floor for maximum comfort of the rental guests. In an additional wet room is located the washing machine, iron and ironing board - very necessary especially for groups with children.
The stairs lead to the upper floor of the holiday home, where are the 3 bedrooms located - one twin bedroom and 2 double bedrooms (one of them en-suite). The twin bedroom is spacious enough for the extra folding bed to be placed. It is a very convenient option, if you have 3 children in the group. For sure, they will be happy to share one bedroom. All 3 bedrooms have an own TV with Satellite channels. With an access from the corridor there is a second shower-room on the same floor, which can be used by the guests in the other two bedrooms.
The living room has a direct access to the front of the house, where in the sunshine you will find the garden furniture - a plastic table with 6 chairs - a very nice place to have your alfresco dinner. With the movable grill and the kitchen facilities provided in the villa, you can prepare delicious home made dishes and enjoy a bottle of traditional Bulgarian wine.
Disclaimer: The villa owners arrange and provide the maintenance of the pool and the garden directly.
Notes: Villa Sentinela is fully air-conditioned. Pool size: 8 x 4 x 1,50 metres. Parking space for 2 cars is provided in the villa yard. The close proximity to Villa Jasmine (10 sleeps) and Villa Lilly (8 + 2 sleeps), gives the great opportunity for accommodating really large groups close to each other.
Changeover day: Flexible according to the current availability.
Car hire: Recommended.
***This villa is rented by Bgrentals.com
Location and Local Attractions
- Balchik (about 12 000 population) is a charming town, located 47 km north of Varna city. It is like an amphitheatre on the very seashore. The Royal Palace, the Botanical garden, the churches, the Museum of History together with many other attractions make Balchik one of the most visited resorts on the Black sea coast. The Balchik port played an important role in the town's development, being the third sea-side port in terms of significance after the ones in Varna and Burgas. The unique nature and the ancient history make the today's romantic charm of Balchik - a constant source of inspiration for artists, poets and artists.
- The Royal Palace and the Botanical garden in Balchik. The official name of the palace was the Quiet Nest Palace. It was constructed between q926 and 1937, during the Romanian rule of the region, for the needs of Queen Maria of Romania. Attracted by the beauty and the romanticism of the seaside town, inspired by the centuries-old trees, the wild flowers and the bird species in the region, Queen Maria of Romania selected Balchik to build her summer residence.The palace complex consists of a number of residential villas, a smoking hall, a wine cellar, a power station, a monastery, a holy spring, a chapel and many other buildings, as well as most notably a park that is today a state-run botanical garden. In 1955 the Balchik Botanical Garden was established at the place of the palace's park. It has an area of 65,000 m² and accommodates 2000 plant species. One of the garden's main attractions is the collection of large-sized cactus species arranged outdoors on 1000 m².
- Kaliakra cape is the longest cape on the Bulgarian coast. The picturesque cape is located about 30 km north from Balchik. Kaliakra cape stretches 2 km deep into the sea and consists of 60-70 m high limestone rocks, the inaccessibility of which has been the main reason for the construction of an ancient fortress named Tirisis there. According to local tradition forty girls, the sole survivors of a Turkish attack, tied their long plaits of hair together and jumped to their deaths, rather than be raped by the victors. Nowadays Kaliakra is a nature reserve, where dolphins, shags and a numbers of typical steppe birds can be observed, it is one of the very good birdwatching sites in Bulgaria.
- Kavarna town is one of the relatively bigger towns along the Black Sea coast with its population of a bit over 12 200. On the high hill of Chirakman, which is 3 km away from Kavarna, still can be seen remains of Roman fortresses and medieval town. Kavarna, recognised today as the Rock capital of Bulgaria with so many concerts of world famous bands and artists like Apocalyptica, Deep Purple, Saxxon, Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions, Accept, Destruction, Gamma Rey and Victory, turns into an attractive place for a holiday, combining the modern comfort with a unique atmosphere, at the same time preserving its tranquility and charm.
- Durankulak and Shabla lakes - The Durankulak lake was declared a protected area in 1983 as part of the measures for the preservation of endangered species. It is also where one of the two major birth migration routes passes – the so-called “Via Pontika”. Near the lakes of Shabla and Durankulak there are law-protected damp areas of international importance. These territories are the most significant winter quarters in Europe for many water birds. The Shabla Lake is one of the biggest habitats of teh White Water Lily and Yellow Water Lily in Bulgaria. The lakes give shelter also to the Otter, which is a rare animal species in Europe.